Thursday, November 26, 2009

Wall-E in Real Life: Euro-Trashbot Cleans up Italian Streets




On one hand, THIS IS COOL. On a second hand, is this practical? On a freakish mutant third hand, THIS IS COOL.
WALL-E was a good movie. I don't really see the appeal of a cautionary tale to children. I enjoyed it, but then again, I'm not a child anymore. I'm 19. I'm getting beyond myself.
Anyways, to address practical concerns, the research costs towards four millions dollars. Yes, that's a lot of money for a stupid looking robot. But you know, I feel like this is a worthwhile investment. Trash sustainability is a real concern because of the growing population. If we deal with trash in a smart way, we can set an example for our children of foresight. (something the generation before us sucks at.)
Also, this seems like the ONLY practical option for Italy. Apparently, dump trucks are not very effective in small Italian roads. We won't likely see this in America, but Italians can say good-bye to taking the trash out first thing Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment