Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not terribly thought provoking but give me a break.



Posted this one just for fun. But this made me thing of the implications of photographers. Notice I said photographers and not photography. After capturing this "unique" pose with a camera, the photographer decided to release it on the Associated Press wire. I think the photographer didn't think of Colin Powell's reputation. This made me think of history class. I recall learning that when FDR was president, no one took a photograph when he was in his wheelchair. He was always sitting in a chair with others also sitting or propped up in photographs. Very few photographs of FDR in his wheelchair exist. I think photographers back then weren't interested in humiliating someone rather showcasing someone. It really is a telling sign of our culture now and then.

Anyways, these types of celebrity-in-an-odd-pose pictures are commonplace so I don't think much damage has been done to Powell's reputation. None that he hasn't caused all ready that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment