Thursday, November 26, 2009

DIY laptop stands



Article: http://planetgreen.discovery.com/tech-transport/cheapest-diy-laptop-stands.html

Yes, these laptop stands are very cool. But I won't dwell too much on that. Let me share my story. I have a Dell M1330. It blows hard. Its honestly one of the worst computers I could have. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it still sucks. One problem that is rampant with my Dell and many other laptop is over heating. Hence the laptop stand or laptop fan or laptop cooling device. It seems like an accessory that should be unnecessary. If anything, an overheating problem with a laptop is sign of bad laptop design.
A lot of these laptop stands are very simple consisting of four bottle caps or wine works to prop it up. If this is the case, why not laptop makers design elevated laptops to avoid this whole problem to begin with? Because there is money to be made by selling people stands, fans, and cooling devices. That's why.

No comments:

Post a Comment